Thursday, August 31, 2006

30-something

So I have this friend, lets just call her...Craven. *grin* she turns 30 tomorrow. She seems to think that this age means that shes OLD!! Even though her 9 year old (we'll call in instepid) says that your not Ancient until 40, she still thinks that the world is ending at 30. I'm here to tell her, and all you 20-somethings that life doesn't END at 30 and to point out some of the great things that happen in your 30's:
1. Women reach their sexual peak in their 30's. THATS something to look forward to.
2. Men DON'T (another good thing, so that they aren't going in 5 seconds)
3. Although you are considered an adult at 18 by the law you are not truly an adult until your 30's. Maturing mentally & emotionally.
4. your Old enough to argue with your parents!
5. You are no longer the one who doesn't know anything at work.
6. You actually have a little money in savings.
7. You don't have hangovers any more (not by choice but because you've got kids)
8. Your house is half paid off.
9. Alot wiser to make proper decisions.
10. Nobody calls you "kid" anymore.
11. You know every mindgame/ trick a women throws at you now.(women, you can stop playing those games)
12. You make your own rules.
13. Did I mention Sex is better, much better?

So those are my 13 reasons why everyone should enjoy their 30's.
So, Maven...er Craven...enjoy being 30! You can't change it anymore than you can change the fact that Jackson is coming *grin*

COUNTDOWN TO SCHOOL 11 DAYS

2 comments:

A Chance Wynd said...

*sigh* Prehistoric...positively prehistoric...that's me...a wrinkled prune on the face of the earth :p Won't be too far in the future they'll be using me for petrol! Petrol sounds so much nicer than gas - especially when one of your characters has "the Flatulent" tacked on to his name *cackle*

The Maven said...

Was that Wynd talking, or was that the sound of dust blowing off some old bones?

Sorry Wynd, but I have to make fun of *someone*! I'm turning thirty tomorrow and enough people are laughing at me already. I simply must return the favour ;)

I love the 13 reasons that 30 is wonderful. Thank you, Thac0!! *mwah* If I can get this arthritis under control in my elbow, I'll give you a big ol' high five ;)