Monday, August 21, 2006

Mom Burn Out

Saturday August 05, 2006

So yeah, the little ones actually went to sleep in their big boy beds! Thats my huge news of the week. They choose to do this ON THEIR OWN! I think, inside of a month I can be done with cribs. Next step..ditch the high chairs *grin*. We're on the rise...I can feel it.
So ASD kids require a LOT of work to keep them going. Mine are in the phase of wanting me all day long. If I get 30 min peace to read straight, its a miracle. (ask Maven, AKA Kraft Dinner who talks to me almost every day) We have a school area set up in the basement that we are in 2-3 times a day, puzzles, books, computer stuff, legos...the list goes on and on. By friday, I'm pretty much hosed. I can't WAIT till they go back to school and I get 2 hours a day to ALL ME monday through thursday. I can actually clean my house without aid, Go grocery shopping without the weekend being here and complete things I want to complete!!! Imagine the concept.
For now, my gripe is that Superdad (who I think I'm going to call The Master instead...as in the game master, not the dirty one, you sickos ;) ) has no set time of coming home (through no fault of his own, its the job) and he is mentally fried when he gets here. So pretty much, main care m-f is me. He helps, but you know. Weekends I TRY and get down time, but having so much to do that can't get done during the week, it usually gets pushed to the back burner. I just feel so overloaded and wonder how these moms in the 50's did it! I think Kraft Dinner is right when she said thats why they hid alcohol all over the house!
So what I'm thinking is I need to just start taking it. But then I know The Master will also just start taking it. I need a happy medium where we both get mental down time and I get adult time without pretending to be an addict and going to AA meetings *grin* It seems the free classes at the library always fall on the worst nights and I don't want to pay for something and then have him have to work late...so I think I just may be stuck for another month. Someone, anyone, help keep me from talking in Dr Seuss rhymes all day!!! *grin*

2 comments:

A Chance Wynd said...

Poor little sicko me ;) September's just around the corner, so you'll hopefully be back to feeling like a person soon

The Maven said...

I do believe it's time for a new post, Ms. Impossible! Get on that, will you? :P