Saturday, August 26, 2006

Weekends are for Sleep

Why don’t children get this? 650am is NOT an acceptable Saturday morning rising time, Especially not when the Master was out till 2am and I have to get up with them. I keep telling them that until they can get up, turn on cartoons and get your own cereal, Saturdays are for sleeping in, but they aren’t listening. Oh well, *I* normally get to sleep in on Saturdays, so who am I to complain today? Especially when Chancy is coming to baby-sit later.

Coffee…I need coffee. That would help, I think. I’m a bit fuzzy on the subject having stayed up till all hours last night reading a compelling book. Damn you Dean Kootz! Your supposed to end chapters so that its easy to put down the book, not end them so that we have to read and find out what’s next! Then the next time we check the clock its 1230! That’s not very fair, now is it?
Well, I’m going to take my boring Saturday morning because no one but me and other mothers are up (and no other mothers are online to chat, the ones *I* know anyway) and go have some coffee, feed my kids and finish the damn book I didn’t finish last night either. I’m still on a cliffhanger chapter…of course.

3 comments:

The Maven said...

*yawn*

I'm here. I got up 10 minutes after you did and I'm looking forward to getting some more sleep. At least you gave me something to read, which I'm grateful for.

Have I mentioned lately how tiring the end of pregnancy is? Oh, yes. I believe I've beaten that deceased horse senseless already.

Enjoy your coffee!

A Chance Wynd said...

Hey, I would have been on, but my internet connection was all wonky! The boys weren't complete angels yesterday, but they were pretty darn close :) Glad you guys had a good time out!

Impossible Mom said...

THank you Chancy! It was a good time...and for those who haven't yet, GO SEE LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE!!!