Monday, August 21, 2006

Why Monday's Suck

Monday July 24, 2006
I feel a lot like that commercial for the U.S. Army. “We do more before breakfast than most people do in their whole day!” Now, granted, it wasn’t before breakfast, but it was before 9am, does that count?
My morning:
My adorable twin boys wake at about 7am. I get them out of their room and we head downstairs where I *TRY* to lie down on the couch and rest a bit more. Nope…no way. We have to have crackers, and a video, and get dressed right away.
About 720, its time for breakfast. I get them set and fed and start to get my own breakfast. I’m able to eat it in peace (which is a feat in and of itself) but RIGHT after, Trouble comes and asks for juice. (This does not involve words, but involves pulling me to the fridge. Did I mention they are non-verbal?) Then he wants to go outside because the dog wants out for the third time this morning.
So it’s now almost 8 and we are outside playing in the rock bed with volume on the slide and then right back inside. I give The Maven http://stay-at-home-mayhem.blogspot.com/ a ring and she’s about to hop in the shower so I let her go. I get back inside and Trouble finally says “on” to get his computer on and then proceeds to take me over to ask for school (we do a school type thing in the basement at least once per day).
So we do school and come back up. Volume decides he wants to play on MY computer upstairs (which we never do until the afternoon) and proceeds to throw a major fit on the stairs when I say no. When he comes back down I get him set up on the computer down here for a bit.
The Maven calls back and in-between us both dealing with our preschoolers, we chat a bit. Trouble proceeds to get into almost every drawer in the kitchen and I have to put up the kabobs and the knife sharpener because he has decided these make good toys. It is now almost 9am. I sit down for 10 min and manage to sign up to start a blog, since The Maven has decided the world should hear about my antics. Welcome to the wonderful world of Stay-At-Home-Mom of Twins with ASD and who are allergic to ALL nuts! My life is NEVER boring *grin*

No comments: