Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Volume is a FLIRT!

So, we started taking swimming lessons last week. Its on Saturdays from 9-10 about 30 min away. Its worth it, because they both LOVE the water. So far, its been play-around-in-the-water-time more than anything else. Our second trip in, we had a new instructor, Heather. She came over to talk to us and I was holding Volume in my arms (my turn for the spaz in the pool). She was talking and he just turned and jumped into her arms! He was giggling and playing with her hair and she could see we were pretty shocked. We mentioned the autism before that, and she said she taught the therapeutic class right after this one and she would check on if they were old enough for it or not. Through out the lesson, he did this 2 more times, jumping into her arms. I think our Volume has his first "crush" on his teacher *grins*.

In other news, we have been on an organizational trip lately. We have the comics done, a few closets, went through the kids toys, and have made several trips to goodwill. All in all, if we had to move right now, we would still have a ton of stuff, but less of it. *laughs* It's been nice for making the house look better.

We are all well, finally, and DramaQueen decided to do me a favor and purchased a house cleaning for me. Hence why I can blog today instead of spending this free time cleaning. They come tomorrow morning and I could NOT be happier. I've been on clutter patrol today to make sure they can do the GOOD cleaning and not spend most of their time picking up stuff. It'll be nice to have that deep down clean in Jan without having to do it.

So thats the main news here. Kinda boring. For January, not half bad.

Current Mood: Happy
Current Song: Peaches - &#@( the pain away

4 comments:

The Maven said...

Hah! That Volume. He's such a little sweety. I'm so glad they love the water. Your boys are so adaptable in many ways despite the ASD. I think it comes from the security they must feel from having you and The Master as parents.

And horray on the decluttering and cleaning! Feel free to drug the cleaning lady and ship her air mail to my house. I could use some help around here, too!

lushgurl said...

The first crush is always so cute...I remember debabies first, she was about a year and fell for an 'older man' of two and a half, she would blink her eyelashes and grin at him to get the toy he had that she wanted... not much has changed LOL
Oh and drug the cleaning lady up good, 'cause I'd like to borrow her after she's done at the Mavens!!!

Emely Traplin said...

That is so cute. I love the first crush. If you drug the cleanin ady and send her over to teh maven, make sure she shares with me. My place is small, shouldn't take long.

~*Jobthingy*~ said...

that is too cute.

and i need a cleaning lady also. so just drug her and send her with more drugs to pass between all of the ottawans needing her.