Friday, January 26, 2007

The Tumbling Bird Slayer

Yes, it has been a busy few days. Oh where to start? *laughs* Dramaqueen's cleaning lady did a great job on my house. It looks and smells fantastic (well, till someone had a dirty diaper). It's nice to have a clean house again. The bad thing was, while they were cleaning, they had cords up and down the stairs and in my haste to get to a child, I slipped on one of them on the stairs. I don't think I made a totally successful tumble check, for I had to grab the metal railing with my hand to avoid going down more than half the stairs. I have a nice bruise on my hand to show for it. My body also feels like I've been mauled by a rather large bear. Which, in fact is what I dreamt about last night. It also had nothing to do with the fact that I killed and skinned like 20 of them on World of Warcraft. *shakes head adamantly*

As far as the bird goes, no...I'm not talking WoW speak again. I went downstairs at about 8am to stick the boys laundry in. As I opened the laundry room door, I was met with a fast flying object and almost freaked. It flew AWAY from me, thankfully, but it still needed NOT to be in my basement. We have some vent thingy that we need to cover with mesh. We've had mice get in this way too. Notice it's still not covered with mesh. Mainly because Master has a busy week at work. We'll get to it this weekend.

So, we get the kids off to school and head downstairs armed with laundry baskets to catch the speedy bird. Its harder than it looks. Esp when there are all kinds of places for it to fly and land in in the celing. Pipes are good for that. So we finally start throwing the baskets at it, and that isn't working either. Master finally smacks it with his, stunning it to the floor...or so we thought. Apparently, it killed it. We got it out of the house and stuck it in the neighbors bushes. That'll teach them to let poison ivy grow on our fence! *grin*

So I killed an innnocent creature and am paying for it with mass amounts of pain from my fall. Cest la vie...life does go on.

Current Mood: OUCH!
Current Song: Ob-la-di Ob-la-da by the Beatles

4 comments:

~*Jobthingy*~ said...

LOL in the neighors bushes. i love it.

The Maven said...

The bird thing just killed me!

Well, it killed the bird, actually. Not me. But you know...

Steven said...

Poor birdie.

Ooops...wait...no...I dind't mean that...

Please don't hurt me... ;)

Steve~

Impossible Mom said...

I won't hurt on the first offense, Steve ;)