Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Things that go bump...at school?

Monday, at the grocery store and I was loading things into the van. I checked my cell, because for some reason, I can't get calls in Meijer. I can MAKE them, but they never seem to come to me. low and behold, a missed call. It was school, so I called and checked in on the boys. They broke out in bumps and they were calling the school nurse and could I come get them. Sure, of course, I'll be right there. (stop at Aldis for 5 and get the last things I needed...THEN right there).

Nurse is baffled "Doesn't look like pox or an allergic reaction" she says, oh so helpfully. "But I'd take them home anyway and watch it." I did, they faded and came back and then we were hit with a fever. So I called and made an appt for Tuesday. Since they MIGHT be chickenpox, our Pediatrician takes us through the back door and right into a room. They come in and look em over and no, they aren't pox (they DID have the vaccination for them). She says "Its a virus, I hesitate to say hand foot and mouth disease, because its NOT that, but like that." Of course, as you all know, not much to do for a virus. They aren't contagious if they don't have a fever for 24 hours. So home again today. No fever yesterday, but they slept in till 830 and volume is STILL out and its almost 9. So I'm figuring they need their rest and won't nap for me, so this is best.

Thats been my life. I was supposed to start taking pics of the playboys to sell, measure some swords, bag some comics, and clean the house this week...that all went out the window for Einstein and books and computer books...mommy! so tomorrow, I may get something done, I may prop my feet up, drink a coffee and read my book. I dunno yet. We'll see what kinda mood I'm in.

Current Mood: Fried
Current Song: If your happpy and you know it

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I dont have much to say, but its been awhile since i commented on your blog and I feel guilty. ;)

Ill see you tonight around (or before) 8! Ill give you a call after dinner to let you know whats up. ;)

All sorts of love,

The Smurf

Mrs. Random said...

I'm happy and I know it :)

So, other than needing rest, have the boys been fever free? And I vote you have a coffee and prop your feet up and read a book next chance you get. (Really, I vote for hot chocolate, but this is for *you*...and I'm occasionally able to remember that other people have different preferrences than me-- inexplicable though that is.)

~*Jobthingy*~ said...

ew. nameless viruses suck. i hope the boys are better soon.

Emely Traplin said...

Prop the feet up, drink the coffee and read the book. That makes everything better. :)

Hope the boys are better, I hate the nameless virus crap.

Much love.

The Maven said...

Blah... I hope today is better. Seems Spawnling is coming diwn with the sniffles now, too. Could you please stop contaminating us over the phone? ;)