Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Overwhelmed

"You can be overwhelmed...you can be underwhelmed...can you ever just be whelmed?"
-Chastity from 10 Things I Hate About You

For the past few weeks I have just been overwhelmed. Overwhelmed with kids, with life, with responsibility. They say, "When life gives you lemons, just say 'Fuck the lemons,' and bail." (surf instructor in Forgetting Sarah Marshall). Thats pretty much what I felt like doing. Fuck the lemons and get me outa here. None of this lemonaide crap. No pollyanna. Just get me out of here.

But as you can see, I'm still here. I didn't leave...I didn't take off...I'm still here. Things are a bit better now and I can see the lemonaide there on the counter. I still refuse to believe its actually there, but at least I can look at it every now and then.

Yes...my deep thoughts are about lemons and lemonaide. And yes, I'm starting to believe I must be crazy. But...as Riddle-Me-This says, "were all a little crazy". I guess i'm a more "little crazy" than others. Most of my friends would agree.

I'll leave you with my favorite song of the month:

3 comments:

The Maven said...

But the real question is: why aren't you sharing the lemonade? I could really go for some.

Today is hella busy but I'll call you tomorrow. Love ya! *hugs*

A Chance Wynd said...

Is it really tart lemonade? Cuz if so, I want some :)

Riddle-Me-This is quite correct, though. We are all a little crazy. I mean, just look at me - though I think I hide it better than others. Just ask my invisible buddy next time you see him.

I, for one, am glad you're still around. Know I'm not the only one who thinks so :)

Mrs. Random said...

The correct quote is, when life gives you lemons, demand chocolate.

Or build a lemon launcher on your front yard. you can put the pink flamingos in camo outfits and set them up as your artillary squad. The greenary laws would love that ;)