Friday, November 21, 2008

Normal

Ok, so as you can tell, I've been talking a lot to Riddle-Me-This...though I need to stop mentioning him for I fear I am just adding to his extreme Ego. His head will soon be way too big to fit through any normal door. Mischief, though, also attested to the fact that there is no real answer to this question:
WHAT IS NORMAL?

There is no "normal". So in honor of that...and how Wierd I am, I have a few things to share:

The first is a poem. It was written by a really good friend of mine from my Senior year in high school, Tom Ruthman. People said we looked like brother and sister, I could never see it. He was still, a very good friend. And not a half bad poet:

I Was Normal...By TR

The other night
I had a terrible dream
And when I awoke
I woke with a scream
On my lips
Cold sweat pours
Salt water stiinging
The open sores
Which are
My eyes
See terror
My reflection of
The night just past
Went by so fast
What I saw
So horrible
In my dream
I was normal

The second being an Avril Lavigne song. I'm not a huge fan of Avril, but this one SO fits my mood and topic. The video I WANTED to enbed is here, but the enbedding has been disabled...so you can go watch if you like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igVme-Ti8-k )



So there ya have it. Those are my deep thoughts stolen on a Friday morning. Go out there...live...breathe...smile....and be LESS than Normal. Normal is SO overrated!

1 comment:

The Maven said...

If you're not normal than you're abnormal like me. And if I lot of us are abnormal... that makes us normal, right?