Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Music for the Soul

They say that music is good for the soul. Whoever "they" are, I'm starting to think they are right. I decided I want to get back into playing my clarinet. I miss it. I used to adore picking it up everyday and it just kinda got lost in the shuffle of life. what I also used to adore was music theory class. We had some borders coupons and gift certificates. So, while The Master got Wolverine's start in life graphic novel (which I'm sure is very good), I got this.

I remember that small little theory class (it was theory 4 I think) and the 6 of us with our teacher who looked like a 6'2" Albert Einstein. I had SUCH a good time talking and writing and having brad play it all on the piano. It was just...awesome. I miss it, but I also don't remember much of the actual theory. So...hence the refresher book.

lets hope it does my soul some good. My smile could use a polish and a shine these days. So i think that next week, I will break out the ole clarinet and play me some stand by me theme music. Then curl up in a chair and figure out how to write music to all these words in my head. Not that I can sing ANY of it...mind you. I do have a few friends who can belt out some notes...maybe they can help me with that part. You carry the tune, I'll carry mine...in a bucket.

No comments: