Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Long Lost Friends Found

For those of you who don't have it..I highly recommend joining Facebook . It is a fantastic site to find people. For those who don't want to be found, yeah...stay away from it. The Maven recruited me to her cult there over a year ago. I was skeptical and really didn't need another Mommaville (*shudder*) but I decided to try. And I'm thankful I did.

I found Mischief there. Recently Both Billy's-Sister and The Vampire found me. Just a few days ago, so did Sunshine-Girl. Mischief you all know. Billy's-Sister. We call her that because at one time I was hopelessly head over heals in lust with her older brother Billy. We dated for a time, and he was SUCH the "bad-boy". I got over him, but my friendship with his sister lasted. The Vampire...boy did I have the BIGGEST crush on him in high school. I got over that too, but I call him The Vampire because I always thought he would of made a great one. Should I ever get bitten and give up my immortal soul, I'm finding him to turn him as well. Guess he better watch out *grins*.

last, but certainly NOT least, is Sunshine-girl. Sunshine-girl and I were friends in the fourth grade. We were BEST friends in the fourth grade at Sands Montessori. Sunshine-girls family moved to Florida that summer. I was heart broken. At first, we wrote letters. That lasted until Sunshine-girl talked her parents into flying me down there for a week. My mom helped with half the cost and I got to go see my Best Friend! I was thrilled. We went to Disney world, bush gardens, the beach, the pool....it was great! Sure, I was homesick, but it was a fantastic time. I won't embarrass her by posting the pics I still have of that trip. OK...actually...I won't embarrass myself. She was gorgeous.

So I went home and I think we stayed in contact for a very short while after. Not long though. I think I always regretted that. She was a great friend.

I log into facebook the other day and who do I see adding me as a friend but Sunshine-Girl! I was thrilled. Nice to know we still have some things in common after...jeez...25 years! wow..thats a long time. So hats off to Sunshine-Girl and her wonderful husband and beautiful little girl. I wish her all the luck and look forward to seeing pictures of the new little on in April. Glad to have the sunshine back in my life again!

And, since I've started a trend with Music, here is a song that makes me think of "good times, noodle salad.." (quote from As Good As it Gets)

No comments: