Monday, March 05, 2007

The Well's Run DRY

I think The Master and I have hit Empty. The gas tank is on E. The well has run dry. The reservoir and the main tank are EMPTY. We spent the weekend taking care of Volume, who has a cold, is getting his 4 year molars and has been constipated the last 4 days (yes, we have a 2pm appointment today). He's been a joy. Trouble, who has been less troublesome in comparison, is still his busy, active self. We sort of looked at one another last night and we knew we had hit bottom. At least for that day.

No matter what the day was like before, I seem to get a little back after a good nights sleep. I seem to be running on fumes today, but at least its better than nothing. I'm not one to whine or complain, but 2 ASD almost-4 year olds are a handful normally. Our overflowing wealth of babysitters (note the sarcasm) seems to have run pretty dry of late. It just seems we don't get much of a rest...together. We're both the type to take now and then breaks apart, but together rarely happens these days. Or it's an "after the kids go to bed" outing or a "2 hour dinner while the 14 year old watches them". I know its more than some parents get, but I think our need is greater. But I whine enough. We'll get what we get. No more no less.

On an up note, our "social activity" of World of Warcraft (WoW), we made 40 last night, which means we got to get mounts. Riding is a TON faster than walking. We were all excited. A few guild mates who were level 70 and bored ran us though an instance so we made mad cash, ton of XP and got a few quests rapped up. It was a fantastic WoW night, and I think we needed that.

Well, I'm off to get Volume ready for the doc and Trouble off the bus....somewhere in there can I clean my house too? *laughs and shakes her head at herself*

Mood: *sigh*
Song: Country Death Song by the Violent Femmes

4 comments:

Mrs. Random said...

Can I comment just for the sake of commenting, even if I have nothing constructive to say? oooooo....wait...I can be extremely profound and tell you it sounds like you need more couple time and your homework is to figure out how to do that. *ducks and scampers*

I will say that it is a start to have a shared activity that you do after they go to bed, and a nephew that can watch from time to time for shorter breaks. I know, I know, not enough...but its at least a something.

lushgurl said...

Aw ,poor you! I have the utmost respect for a woman who has so much going on in her life ( No Maven, I'm NOT talking about you here!)
I hope you will be able to have some good , quiet alone time (with or without hubby) very soon.
Great job Impossible mom!

Frank Marcopolos said...

alone time can be quite beneficial.

The Maven said...

What else can I say but *hugs*? I mean, is there anything?

At least I play WoW with you and I know that really makes your life complete.




*snicker*

Okay, I tried. I'll call you tomorrow :P