Thursday, March 15, 2007

My relationship with Spring....and MOOSE!

So I have a love/hate relationship with spring. This relationship did not begin at an early age. in my younger years, I could care less about spring except for the fact that summer came after that and with summer came summer vacation. Spring was just another season for Easter and St. Patricks day to fall into. My love of spring began around the same time as my hate. I was diagnosed with Diabetes and my circulation got horrid. so spring meant it was getting warmer. We also got a dog. Kia is her name (and she came with the name) and shes part black lab, part golden retriever. Think of a smaller black Golden. She is the main reason I HATE spring. She loves to run and play with the other dogs along the fence line. Which is all well and good when the ground is summer baked or winter frozen or covered in fall leaves. In the spring, it turns into MUD DOG. Mud Dog then tracks it through my entire house! I spend my days wiping paws and floors and everything I can think of that she touches with those muddy paws. It drives me INSANE (though its not a long trip). So take your spring, I'll take any of the other 3 months EASY.

Moose. I promised a story from my childhood and here it is. My sister, Faerie, is 4.5 years older than me. She loved to torture me any opportunity she could get. I love to get back at her when I could as well. I was heading to a friends house for a few days. Her name was Stefanie (spelled with the F) and she had 2 older brothers. One of whom I had a huge crush on and later ended up dating. *sigh* he was dreamy. but I digress....

We all know how I adore the Violent Femmes. Well, Justin (yes, of WoJo) had recently given me Hallowed Ground tape (yes, this was before CD's...I'm old). I grabbed it to take it with me to Stefanies house to impress her brother with my cool music taste. (like it really worked...no it was the boobs that impressed him) Faerie decides that SHE wants the tape and starts to chase me around the house for it. We lived in a 2 bedroom apartment at the time and she got near the little kitchen and grabbed a steak knife and starts going after me.

Yes....a steak knife. Scary huh? Stef sure thought so, her with 2 older brothers.

So she's running after me with a steak knife and I hit the hallway. Bathroom or my moms room are my only choices. Its that or the crazy bitch with the steak knife. ALL this over a Violent Femmes tape that isn't even hers! I chose poorly and picked my mom's room, forgetting that her door doesn't lock. I press myself (smaller than her at the time, now I'm 3 inches taller) against the door and try to hold her out of the room.

She gets one arm in the crack of the door. At this time, she abandons the knife and starts trying to grab anything on the dresser that she can hit me with. She gets a hold of a bottle of Mouse. You know, the stuff you put in your hair? She starts thwapping me in the head with it, repeatedly. I wait a sec and let go of the door, she falls into the room and I bound over her and out the front door, Stefanie right behind me. I had forgotten my overnight bag. Good thing Stef's brother had some extra clothes *grins*.

So I end up at Stefs for a week to let my sister calm down. WITH the Violent Femmes tape (hooray for me) and a HUGE knot on my forehead. Everyone would ask me what happened and I would say "I got hit by a moose".

ok, it seems funny to me. You don't have to laugh, its fine. As far as my sister is concerned I'm not even a part of my family. They found me in the trash on their way to church.

Its a wonder I turned out as cool as I did!

Current Mood: Content and Calm
Current Music: Hallowed Ground Album by the Volient Femmes (yes, I still have the tape)

1 comment:

Impossible Mom said...

Not really, but shes also 38 now. ;)