Monday, March 19, 2007

CrabBall Hamitizers

So it's our 10/13 year anniversary today. married 10 years and together 13. Nice that we made it easy on us and had it on the same day, huh? We only had to get married on a Wednesday to do it. But we are self sacrificing that way. *grins* We go by the TRADITIONAL wedding gifts, not the modern ones. http://www.weddingtips.com/annv.html The modern ones are so...useful. I mean, who wants a useful anniversary gift.

Lets see, the past 10 years of gifts I have got or gotten. First: paper. We wrote each other things. I gave him some poem and I got a top ten reasons why he loved me (my boobs being on there twice, of course). Second: Cotton. That year it was Disney wear all the way. Third: Leather. No, not what you think, we exchanged wallets and jackets. Fourth: Fruit/Flowers. We went to the melting pot and had fruit with desert and flowers on the table. Fifth: Wood. I love my dinning room table! Sixth: Candy/Iron. Who combines these? Its so odd! I think we did Chocolates. Seventh: Wool/Copper. I got a copper Dragon nightlight and wool roses (I collect weird roses). I got him wool lined slippers. Eighth: Bronze/Pottery. You know, I can't for the life of me remember what we did here. LOL. Ninth: Pottery/Willow. I got dishes and he got Sushi plates.

As for tenth, its Tin/Aluminum. We joked about getting one another a 12 pack. I'd tell you what I got him, but for some unknown reason, he reads my blog sometimes *grins* so you'll have to wait until after tonight. Next year is steel...any idea's folks? I'm thinking steel weapons! A guy can't have too many sharp objects....

As for my title? I guess I should get around to that, huh? My in-laws (or as I like to refer to them, my out-laws) finally made it here this weekend. My step-mother-in-law (yes, I also have a regular mother in law too...poor me) always brings various items from her fridge when she comes. I guess she's afraid they will go bad, or I won't have anything good to eat in my house. Or maybe the grocery stores near us will have all closed or something. I'm not sure.

But I digress....

This time, she brought her normal bread and lettuce (she doesn't seem to like my bread) and various fruits and some Amish eggs, of course. But the three meats she brought, which normally isn't this varied, were Ham, Meatballs and imitation Crab. The Master and I were discussing this on the way home from the play we went to see Saturday night. How could we combine these three items to make something we could eat. I mean, there are only 2 lunches and 3 dinners in a weekend. We almost always eat pizza for one dinner, so we only have 4 meals to get these 3 great meats into. Thats when we thought of the CrabBall Hamitizer.

Now before you run screaming, know that we didn't actually try this. SMIL wouldn't let us waste the crab. You take the meatball, smear the crab meat all over it and wrap it up in a slice of ham. To top it off, you stick one of those little toothpick swords in it. It has to be a sword, because were gaming geeks. His folks didn't find this idea as hysterical as we had. but it entertained us all the way home. I think we may go global with our new appetizer! What do you think? I thought so!

Current Mood: Silly
Current Song: Down Together - The Refreshments

2 comments:

lushgurl said...

UMMMM...the appetizer sounds ummm, yummy, yeah , that's it, it sounds yummy!!!

Happy, happy, happy anniversary you married folks!

The Maven said...

Ok, it's even funnier now that I read it! LOL!!!

Sorry it took so long to reply to this. Maybe one day we'll actually talk on the phone or meet up on WoW, too! I think I'll play tomorrow night and definitely over the weekend. I'm just sooo tired today. I'm going to bed in five minutes.

Hope Charlie is feeling better, too. Ear infections are the suck *hugs*