Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Twas the Tuesday before Christmas

Is it bad that I'm dreading the holidays? The Master gets no time off except the two Mondays and the kids are off school from this friday until Jan 3rd. My mom, we'll call her DramaWhore is living up to her name sake, My sister, Faerie, isn't being so bad...but Family drama is unavoidable around this time of year. The Master once said, after spending a holiday with my family, "Now I know why people commit suicide around the holidays." My kids, also, have no idea what all this present stuff is about. So while we're saving money, we're not getting to enjoy the joy of Christmas morning.

So ba humbug? You Betcha! My christmas spirit, instead, is in cleaning out my closets and donating what I don't want to the Vietnam Vets. It gets my house organized and my giving nature saited.

Did I mention The Master still hasn't decided what he wants for Chrsitmas either? ;) *laughs*

1 comment:

The Maven said...

I love the family names. So very appropriate!

Get The Master some lingerie. For you to wear, of course! That's a Christmas present one can enjoy giving AND receiving!

I'll talk to you tomorrow. We'll get you in the Christmas spirit yet *hugs*