Monday, December 25, 2006

Just call me Pickles

So the family was less chaotic than I thought they would be. My niece, youngest of 4 (all older brothers), got an Amazing Allysen doll for Christmas. http://www.playmatestoys.com/html/amazing_allysen/index.htm So shes going through the set up on this thing (Freaky as it is) and its asking what she wants the doll to call her as a nickname. Its listing off the examples like "Sweetie, Girlfriend, Best friend, Cutie"... the last one it lists is "Pickles". I'm standing nearby and I say "Pickles?" and Allysen says "OK, Pickles!" My niece almost started crying and all the adults burst into laughter. I think we laughed for like 20 minutes over the Pickles nickname. She was able to reset the doll over and took it into the other room to reset it so I didn't accidentally tell it anything else. It was the highlight of our Christmas I think.

So call me pickles. I thought it was better than Girlie...which is what she picked. We all expect the doll to turn on one night and try to kill everyone. The Master said it was the bride of Chuckie. Poor girl in a family of boys can't even get a doll and not get picked on. The youngest of DramaQueen's boys got a vibrating Ipod seat for the car. odd gift for a 12 year old, but he adored it. Both my boys loved it too. I think it reminded them of their vibrating bouncy chairs. Definitely an ODD Christmas, but better than we hoped.

Current Mood: Amused
Today's Song: Skullcrusher Mountain by Jonathan Coulton

1 comment:

The Maven said...

That's so funny! I could just see it happening, too. Bet you didn't win any 'auntie' points yesterday, eh? lol

Merry Christmas!