Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Window in my Head

So the bus ride...they love it. And thorugh preschool, they are catching colds and bugs galore...but better now than when they NEED to be there, right? Not that they don't need it..but Gah!

So I'm starting a music of the week kind of thing. If you want my weekly or 2 times a week song, drop me an email at Sumita_69@hotmail.com and I'll send it out :)

So I got an early morning phone call today and My cousin (whom I didn't know well), age 14, was riding her bike yesterday and was hit by a car and killed. Earlier this year, my other cousin was his by a drunk driver (with her daughter, age 10, in the car) and killed. Its a bad automotive year for us. I stopped by her grave yesterday (the first cousin) and I wasn't sure why. Now I know..and it's sad. I tell this not for condolences, but to get it off my chest. I deal strangely with grief and always have. Most of the people around me who have passed, its better that they did. Even a friend in high school, riddled by cancer...his end was a blessing as well. These two kinda hit me a bit hard. While I was no where near what I would call close with either (though, the first more than the last...I barely knew her), I still feel the injustice and the loss upon my family. So if everyone could do me a favor and drive a little safer today, I'd feel better.

Thats my tidbit into the window of my head today. I think I'm going to go close the curtains and turn on some music. Hop on through if you care to join me. Theres always room.

**Update: The wake is Friday, as well as the funeral. Happy 33rd birthday to me and good bye to a very special little girl

2 comments:

A Chance Wynd said...

I've tried three times to write something, but words fail me. I am very sorry for the loss to you and yours. My thoughts are with you.

*hugs*

Emely Traplin said...

I am so sorry Jackie. I know how it feels to lose someone to some senseless tragedy, I can't imagine doing it twice in one year though. I am still trying to get over a dear friend from over a year ago.

My heart breaks for you and you and yours have me deepest sympathies in this time.

We're here if you need anything.