Sunday, October 08, 2006

Kill a Cow to have a GOOD birthday

So yes, officially I'm 33 now. Don't even bother to ask my mental age because I'll just stick out my tongue, stick my fingers in my ears and waggle my hands at you saying "neaner neener neener!".

My birthday was Friday, which consisted of me waking at 3am and not being able to get back to sleep. Then the kids got up at 6 (an hour early) and we had to go to speech. I bought copious amounts of caffeine and made it through speech. I chose not to go to the funeral on 4 hours of sleep as I don't deal well with my family anyway. Felt guilty...But I think it was the right choice. I put the kids down early and just as they passed out, the child I had to babysat for some friends showed. So I downed more caffeine and settled in to watch Batman with him. It was then I heard the wonderful noise of the garage door. The Master had come home early and came in saying "would you like a nap?". I could of (and think I did) kiss him. I got a solid wonderful hour and felt able to face the evening.

I celebrated my birthday on Saturday by locking myself in the computer room all morning. Then I played some D&D with my husband (off and on) until the babysitter arrived. She showed, and Trouble had passed out on the couch. So we moved him to his bed and gave her instructions on what to to. We left and went to a Brazilian steak house. Those of you who have never been to one of these (and like meat...esp red meat)....I HIGHLY recommend it. It was like a party in my mouth (and get your mind out of the gutter). There is a huge salad bar (of which I didn't touch much of, but what I did was good) and then there are these guys with skewers of meat and big knives and they come by and carve off choice cuts for you to eat. This meat is melt in your mouth good. It was FANTASTIC. I had no room for desert and was glad I wore my big pants. I ate my red meat quota for the month, at least. It was blissfully wonderful.

After that we went to see The Departed. Great film...Violent and a wonderful story behind it. Well, maybe not wonderful, but entertaining. We came home and that was my Birthday.

In other news, Trouble has figured out how to find letters on the keyboard. He plays his elmo game by doing the alphabet in order, then backwards, then in order again. And for our babysitter, Piglet, Volume decided he didn't want to eat with a spoon and ate all his food with his fingers off his tray. So were on the right track to him eating on his own!

All things are good right now...*grins*

4 comments:

A Chance Wynd said...

I'm sorry you missed your cousin's funeral, but I agree. It was most definitely the best thing to do on only 4 hours of sleep.

Glad you had a good day-after B-day celebration :) The Brazillian place sounds way cool. I don't think I've ever heard of it.

*huggles*

Mrs. Random said...

She didn't mention that Volume very definately REFUSED to be fed by a spoon. At which point Piglet seriously questioned if she remembered which twin was which, or if she had, in fact, confused the two. (Trouble was still asleep when Volume was eating dinner...so it was very possible.) She was probably being kind in not saying anything, but I figured Duckie would appreciate the story. I hadn't by the way, confused them. Volume just wanted to eat on his own.

Emely Traplin said...

Sounds like your birthday turned out well. I need some good red meat soon, I'll have to look up something similar here.

Hope you've caught up on your sleep.

Love ya.

The Maven said...

Funerals on four hours of sleep are not recommended in the Big Book of Things Maven Says You Should Do (which I'm sure you own a signed copy of). I'm glad you were able to get a nap and had a nice Saturday, though! *mwah*

Call you in the morning :)