Monday, January 12, 2009

Rainy days and Monday's always get me....

Smiling. Yes, I know, its not the song...but they do! Rainy days means I don't have to go outside and play in the back yard with the mud and the dirt and the rocks and the bugs (notice I really don't like playing outside. Good thing I have 2 boys who I love very much and will go outside for).

Mondays...I tell everyone that Mondays are my Fridays, which is kind of true. Monday's means school. Monday's means work. Monday's mean routine. When you are IM (hehe..love the acronym) Monday's means you get some time to yourself or sometime to get things done. Ahhhh Monday's, we love you so.

This is not to say that I don't enjoy the extra time with "The Master" on the weekends. I do. But routine is what I and the terrible twosome thrive on. I do like to vary my routine now and again. Sometimes I eat waffles instead of oatmeal. Sometimes I start vacuuming in the basement instead of upstairs. I'm a woman who lives on the edge.

The edge of sanity. Yeah, thats the only edge I live on. Its a fine line between me and crazy town. I like that line. It makes me happy. Somedays I'm not sure which side I'm on...but its a line and its logical and therefore has a special place in my world.

In other news, California is coming to visit. I AM THRILLED! I think he'll be here for like a whole month! I just can't wait. Means tons of gaming, crazy movie fests, late night talks, lots of skyline and larosa's (there goes the 5 pounds i just lost). it'll be fantastic. He's like the girlfriend that isn't a girl....wait...that didn't come out right. Anyway, he's one of my best friends and I'll love having him here for so long.

lets see...its Monday. Check. CA is coming. Check. Upbeat song of the day....



Check.

No comments: