Tuesday, January 20, 2009

California has come to town!

And yes, we wish he had brought the weather with him, but alas..no. It's still cold. He is here for a whole month (sans 5 days to go and see another close friend) and we are SO grateful to have him home. Yes, I said home. California may LIVE in California but my house is his home.

He brings with him tales. Yes, we should of named California Bard for his tales are always entertaining. The man can spin a yarn extremely well. I never realize how much I miss that ability of his until he shows up on my doorstep once more.

He also brings his own perspective on the boys. It is nice because he doesn't see them for like a year and then he shows up and explains how much progress they have made. Comparing what they did a year ago to what they are doing now..."wow I'm so impressed." then I actually feel like a good Mom and I smile and nod and hug him. Its a good cycle.

We plan LOTS of gaming while he is here. Always a good thing for sure. We played Buffy last night with Smurf and that went well. I had them all stumped with the strange disappearances of third borns. Was a good thing to have that group of brainiacs stumped. Not an easy feat, but one I have become quite good at in the Buffyverse.

Other than that...Captian Huggyface is coming for a visit too. End of semester and he wishes to escape to the Impossible House and spend a few days. Bringing the chikka over on Wednesday as well. Should be a good time as he is always fun to have around.

Oh...and mom has NOT called me. Not even like to say hi, check on the kids. *grins* I'm starting to wonder since I talked to her and SHE was the one who wanted to talk about the "Christmas ordeal" and get things "back to normal". As for me, I am enjoying the silence and peace of not having to deal with her bullshit. Bad? yeah...I'm sure I'll have a spot in Special level of Hell.

*grins* care to join me?

No comments: