Wednesday, March 19, 2008

STEEL the show...

So I actually got from The Master's lips tonight "Wow, you really are the man in our relationship!". Would we like to know why? Someone (yes me) actually FORGOT that it is our 11 year anniversary today. A forgivable offense to some, not to most...luckily to him. EVEN THOUGH its not just our 11th wedding anniversary but 14 years since we started dating.



We go by the traditional gifts and this year it was steel. He came home and I came upstairs in a tiff and was almost demanding a break from the hellions since they didn't get to school today. Today, the day I planned on taking my break this week and their school is flooded. They may not get school tomorrow either and then be off for a week for spring break. but, I digress. I go into the bedroom to find a card and a steel teapot on the bed. You would think THIS would clue me in, but NO. I open the card, wondering what in the heck this was for...see the anniversary card and wow...I felt like a total schmuck.

At this point, I head downstairs to apologize and see if he wants me to run out and make some elaborate dinner. Realizing now why he asked if I wanted him to pick something up. Feeling like a total idiot and I burst into tears and an apology and get the "you really ARE the guy!" as he laughs. 11/14 years and I finally proved it beyond a shadow of a doubt.

So yeah...I come up to take the break anyway, at his insistence. No, I don't rush to the store, but i do hop online and search for a gift I can grab tomorrow after the dentist. Yes, I found one and yes I still feel guilty. At least my mom, AKA Drama Queen, is taking them Saturday night so I can make it up to him. (OK, shes taking them for Easter, but I can use it to make it up to him) If anyone has any grand ideas, be sure to shoot me an email! (yes, he reads my blog...I'M THE GUY, remember?!?)

No comments: