Tuesday, March 11, 2008

So I am TOTALLY back!

I found this great application that allows me to link my blog to my facebook, so this will make life SO much easier. People on facebook can read my blog should they want too and people outside of facebook can find out about my "oh-so-interesting" life. (yes that was MAJOR sarcasm there) My major accomplishment of this week was getting my second character in World of warcraft to level 70. yes, I'm that much of a geek.

The kids...trouble is SO living up to his nickname. Volume, not so much. I'm thinking I need a new one for him. Bear seems to work, since hes so darn cuddly. Or something to do with computers since he is so savvy on them. He is spelling now, that volume bear. 3-4 letter words, his first and last name. He also figured out the mouse and is now all over web sites like playhouse Disney and sesame street. Trouble has learned what loud noises are fun when you throw things down the stairs. I love them both, but he can be SO trying sometimes.

We are going to start the potty training journey, so help me God. I have a feeling this is something we will be working on for a very long time and that will require me to dig deep for the patience I seem to really lack lately. On an up note, they are going to kindergarten next year. It will be in a special class, but they get to go into the normal class with an aide sometimes (is what I'm lead to believe). I need to schedule a tour of the class and make sure they will get challenged and its not just "put them in a corner and let them stim for four hours." My boys are smart. Trouble can match all his colors and shapes (and not just triangle to triangle, its like blue triangle to pizza slice) and he can pick out which is the right animal when his teacher holds up 2 beanie babies at a time. they both know all their letters and numbers and Bear can spell and I think read some. He might even know some Spanish. (living books and sesame street) So I want them challenged. I want them taught (because they learn better from people OTHER than me). so a tour is in order before their IEP in April. If I don't like what I see...its time to push or try alternative schools. I really hope I like what I see.

Me? I'm trying to keep my sanity. I distract myself when I feel it slipping. I love my kids, but I think my job is even a bit harder some days than the parents of "normal" kids. Thank God again for my memory and organizational skills.

Thats all for now. Gonna go see if my sister, Faerie, is able to go out for her birthday lunch today. If not, I have plenty of errands and an only 1/2 clean house ;)

Peace out!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your boys are awesome (no surprise considering who their parents are)! ;)

The kindergarten news in incredible, and of course I'm pleased to have you blogging again. Mmm... entertainment for Missy. ;)