Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Mawwaige. Mawwaige is what bwings us togethah today. Mawwaige that bwessed awwangement, that dweam within a dweam.

Mawwaige...er Marriage. What has happened in the water of the world that just about everyone I know is having marriage problems? From the petty fights to the full blown divorces, marriage isn't what its cracked up to be lately in my circle of friends.

According to some news sources, The jump in the number of divorces has come recently, with statistics showing that the number has doubled in the last three years alone. Why is this anyway? What has made Americans (and Canadians) feel divorce is the best answer?

I, personally, hate the word..the thought of it gives me nightmares. Why do people give up so easily? Do we live in such a face paced world that everything should equate to fast food levels? What happened to the turkey that takes all day to cook? Don't people realize that things have fluxes and take time and need work and TLC? I just hate to see so many give up so easily. I, for one, would never give up so easily.

So hang in there...from the petty arguments, to the life changes, to the ones who are fed up beyond repair. Who am I to give love advice? I love my husband, very much. That has to count for something, right?

3 comments:

~*Jobthingy*~ said...

i am totally with you about the giving up thing. its a convinience thing i think.

however, i also think that if you have exhausted every option and you still cant get along then it wasnt meant to be and end it already.

but that means both parties have to want to work on it and give time to do so which from what i have noticed is not the case alot of the time. one wants to work on it and the other doesnt.

but im like you, i love my hubby and we rarely fight. when we do we are big enough people to work it out then have great make up sex

Emely Traplin said...

I hate to see it as well. But... Some very wise friend told me this week that one has to earn their way out of a marriage. That means trying and trying and waiting and loving. Sometime that just doesn't work, then you do it all over again right?
How many times do you do it? Only they can answer that one.

The Maven said...

I think there's definitely a breaking point somewhere. But that breaking point seems to be sooner and sooner these days. It's a shame, because many relationships really can get passed a lot of crap and become something beautiful, like an aged wine. I like to look at my own relationship like that, anyway.

Still, though, I agree that there has to be an end in some cases. There are only so many times the cycle can repeat itself without it getting old. If nothing changes all you can do is either choose to live out the rest of your days in misery or learn from it and move on.

I'm talking out of my ass, though, as per usual. I have no personal experience with divorce and sincerely hope I never will. I just wish there were more happy people out there, married or otherwise.