Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Update on "the list"

So i figured I'd check in and let you guys know how I'm doing on the second week.
1. Exercise at least 15 min 3 times a week. This will start next week..the house is a mess!
2. Clean something at least 2 hours a week. CHECK cleaning the whole house this week
3. Start making healthier dinners since I have time before the kids get home. CHECK bought stuff at the store yesterday for this!
4. Work on something fun (gaming to WoW based) at least one day a week kinda Check...Scheduled Thursday as Wii Day and Friday as WoW day.
5. Take one full 3 hour afternoon to myself every week. Kinda check, see above.
6. Start making goal lists of things to work on teaching, and UNteaching the kids. prioritize these in order of how much they need to be done. Pick one for each kid. Talking to "The Master" about these...we are working on them, but haven't laid it all out yet.
7. Start working on Licker to sit for short periods and eat "real" food at the table. Meal times, not as important as Trouble doesn't follow them, but he at least eats "meals". Plan on starting this next week as well.
8. Be in good contact with their teachers to find more activities for the house. CHECK Daily notes and Emails!
9. spend more time trying to play with the kids. CHECK been setting aside some time each day and trying to really be available when they ask.

So all in all, not bad for the second week of school! *grins*

Amended to add a number ten:
10. Entertain Piglet. THIS is a work in progress and depends a bit on Chance and if she is running the fawn and richard game or if I am. If I end up doing it, Piglet has to run something for Dalatin or someone. Maybe Chaz *grins*

4 comments:

Mrs. Random said...

Here I am to add to your list! Cause you aren't busy enough taking care of the boys and the house, you must also take care of a Piglet.

How did you get the Twitter thing in your sidebar? I tried it on my blog, and it worked for a week. Then it stopped working for no reason whatsoeever...save that it is a computer bent on sabotaging me and ruining my day.

Impossible Mom said...

There, I added a number 10 lol

Emailed you how I did it. Dunno if that helps. I can show you tomorrow before the Wii

Anonymous said...

Well done! Im thoroughly impressed. =) My "list" has not been as successful lately. It seems like every day something pops up that needs my immediate and all day attention. =/

The onyl thing Im being remotely faithful about is studying, housework, and going to the gym. I still have a pile of books to get through and read, I still havent been to speack with an advisor from the education department at UC, and even worse--I still havent written the toast for Marlena's wedding and it's next Friday.

*sighs* So in light of your success, Im going to pledge to get 4 things done todaY;

1. dishes
2. make sushi for dinner
3. Spend 40 minutes each on the GRE verbal and math
4. hit the gym from 5-6 with Gordon.

Love you! Miss you! Im glad the boys school is going so well!

P.S. -- Chocolateer's twitter works fine for me on her blog, yours errors out for me. WTF?

The Maven said...

You and your lists :P It's a good thing I envy your organizational skills or I might laugh at you... er.. with you! *hugs*