Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Crazy days and nights in Purple Land!

So the list kind of went out the window with the week long power outage. Wow did that ever suck! I think the kids handled it better than we did. Thank the gods that Fairy had her power and we could go over there. saved a bit of the last of my sanity, I think. Damn hurricane Ike.

I'm attempting to list out projects and triage them now. fun fun. I'm also attempting to find a form of exercise I'm even remotely interested in. Also looking for easy but healthy recipes. Ok...so I like the purple sky in my world. Reality will smash down at some point, I know. but I can dream.

Speaking of dreams...had a very odd one about losing my left hand last night. All in all, very strange. Had to go to Canada to get the prosthetic one because those experimental Canadians had one that would hook up to my nerves and I could move it. Crazy canucks!

In other news, The Master and I are attending A Respite Speed Interviewing Event. Families and respite (thats fancy babysitting terms when you have special needs kids, folks) care providers get 8 min interviews and try find a match. Its 3 hours long and they say you should bring your kids. I kinda laughed at that and quickly called Drama Queen and asked her to watch the kids for a few hours. Lets hope we can find some prospects. having one 15 year old and a grandma we don't want to leave them with for very long as babysitters gets a bit tight.

other than that, not much is going on here. Oh, Licker (formerly Volume) is a little stinker and is talking some at school, but not at home. Though trouble talks some at home but not at school. So I guess they are trying for balance ;)

That sums up life around here. As we await the new patch and expansion and bury my head away from news and politics and pretend the sky is a nice shade of lavender :P

2 comments:

The Maven said...

Well, you know us Canadians: leaders in artificial hand technology!

hahaha

Love your dream. Did I tell you the one about the nunnery/logging company? That was a fun one!

Good look speed dating... er... interviewing!

Mrs. Random said...

I can either keep up with blog posts OR I can keep up with rp posts. That at least my excuse (my current excuse) for getting in a comment half a month later.

Why is it, again, that you put up with me?