Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Exercise really does SUCK

So I started working out. I hate the first week. It always makes me just that muck more tired. I'm sore, tired, not wanting to get up and do it again another day, hating life and feeling lazy. But I steadily push on. I don't over strain myself because I still have to keep up with 2 munchkins who run me ragged. I'm like every bad American who just wants to skip to the good part of it NOW. Like the part of "I have so much energy, I can't even imagine NOT working out." that you hear all those skinny bitches talk about. Ok, I actually hear it from other people too, but it sounds much more satisfying saying it that way.

In other news, Trouble is tracing letters at school. I really want to go in to see how they are getting him to do this. Instead, I'll more than likely just try a myriad (do I get extra points for the use of the word myriad?) of ways at home to see if he wants to write.

Volume is loving school. Loves his teacher. Has fantastic days and she says he works hard. Our first field trip with both classes is September 29th to a play farm near their school. Lets hope it goes well.

So our neighborhood has these really stupid greenery laws. We got notices that our pine tree was over the side walk (which we fixed) and that there was paint flaking from our house. did they bother to even state "on the left side" oh no...that would be FAR too useful. So I proceeded to play phone tag with them. FINALLY got an inspector out here and hes NOT the inspector that did the citation. The new inspector can't find the spot where the paint appears to be flaking anywhere. He does mention that our house could use a good power washing (lemme pull THAT out of my back pocket) and the bushes need trimmed.

You know what I think? I think that this greenery law crap was started by some old bitty that hated the way her neighbor mowed his freakin lawn. You know, the one who dresses up her stone geese on her porch? I think it started there and got out of hand. I mean, jeez! You cite me for something your fellow inspector can't even find. I'm not going to spend the cash to power wash my home on your whim that "that might be it".

Piglets idea was to rip up all the bushes and what not and put in bad lawn ornaments. Flamingos and a whole flock of geese. While funny, not a valid option. I'm sure I'd be cited for having too many lawn ornaments or some such nonsense. She also said I should get a goat, (named ZA, WoW fans) and just let him trim the bushes by eating them. Also, while entertaining, not a valid option. Though this one DOES entertain me:

So...the master asked me to call the inspector who cited us today and play nice. Playing nice when angry is not something I do well. But, hes in a training class and can't call himself. I think hes hoping we'll just get let off with a "well if you took care of the tree" thing...He doesn't know my Karma by now? I'm sure she'll come and tell me to power wash the freakin house too *sigh*

I will channel my chi and do my best to sound like a toned down version of a stepford wife and call the inspector (who happens to be female, that doesn't help my case) and play nice. Lets hope its just the nicked spots at the bottom of the garage door.

Don't these people understand I'm too busy for this crap? ;)

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Mrs. Random said...

I still think the lawn ornament plan is the way to go. The goat is a much more "green" solution, but you'd prolly have to install an electric fence or something to keep him in the yard.

If you get sick of exercising at home, you could always take tae kwon do with me ;)