Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Depression

I have come to the unhappy realization that I am...depressed. I can't deny it anymore. I can't say "this is just one day I'm down" because it's every day. As soon as our insurance is switched, I will go see a doctor, but until then, every day seems a struggle. Every day, just to get out of bed, is work. To shower, to move and help my children when they ask for it...an almost overwhelming task. A normally "glass is half full" girl, finds her glass empty and I am at a loss.

Putting on a "happy" face for friends takes more energy than I can seem to find...so I'm putting it out there. If I'm down, sad, seem "off"....no, its not you. No, nothing is wrong with our friendship, everything, instead, is "off" in my life. Don't take it personal and no, nothing you can say can "cheer me up" so don't bother. I'm sure some random doctor I eventually find can help me. Anyone know any good ones? *sad laugh*

3 comments:

Mrs. Random said...

hey you,

I can't offer to babysit at this point, but you can call me if a voice will help. I'm trying to remember the name of the place I went when my SAD slid into a depression a few years ago. It was through a Christian College, and it had a sliding scale for payment (even the upper end of the scale was cheaper than a regular doctor, which our insurance at the time didn't cover mental health visits very well.) I don't think they can prescribe meds though, just counseling. Though if the new insurance will cover the visits, then you're free to try some other places. When the Jedi is awake, I'll ask him if he remembers what it was.

Anonymous said...

Hey Jackie, I know of a very good psychologist who also has his psychiatry license so he can prescribe medications. His name is Gene Kolina and I can get his information for you if you'd like.

*hugs*

Let me know if you need an afternoon or evening out. Im available for company, or babysitting (depending on which one you need more at the time. ;) )

Momma@Live. Laugh. Pull your hair out said...

Medication is a wonderful thing. I regret not going to the doctor years ago!