Monday, February 16, 2009

Lor' luv a duck, my Twist's and Rob Roy's?

Yes....that was English. I was just Cockney Rhyming English. Yes...it does still exist.

As most of you know, I play a lot of RPGs. I have been getting back into Vampire the Masquerade of late. I play a Nosferatu that is originally from the UK and speaks mainly in Cockney Rhyming English. As you can probably guess, I do not even attempt this in a table top live setting. Not only would I have to internalize the language, but then I would have to watch about 17 hours of My Fair Lady to pick up the accent.

No.

This is best done in bulliton board settings where I can use my new-found, handy-dandy dictonary and come off sounding awesome.

So what did I say up there? I said what is up my Girl's and Boy's. Twist is short for twist and twirl which rhymes with girl. Boy rhymes with Rob Roy. There ya have it! no need to get yourself in a bit-o' barney or anything.

Tom Hanks to all my plates!

2 comments:

Mrs. Random said...

No. No, that wasn't English.

The Maven said...

You left me very confused, even after two cups of coffee. Why would you do that on a Monday? You're a cruel mistress. *cry*