Friday, May 09, 2008

Pack Your Bags

We're goin' on a guilt trip!

Every ones family or circle of friends has at least one. My family, its usually Drama Queen, the mom. You do something and for weeks..nay MONTHS they just keep bringing it up. Over and over and over until you just want to lie down in front of a train and beg God for it to run you over just so you don't have to apologize one more time for spilling kool-aid on aunt suzie's couch!

Yes, that is how you feel, not what you do. What you do is nod and smile and say "I know, and I'm so sorry" thinking "please....please...kick me in the spleen again. I didn't feel it that time!" It makes life difficult when people just don't let things drop. When, at the time, you may have felt right but by the time all is said and done you feel you should of never said one word or done one thing because it would have been easier for you.

That IS what life is about. Oh, people say they are selfless and self sacrificing...but in the end, who do you have to live with on a 24/7 basis BUT yourself. So while I can put my wants and needs aside for others, We only do so when it is rewarding or truly needed. In the end, we look at what we can get out of it or how we feel. So I freely admit to being selfish! How liberating! I admitted it freely to the 4 people who read this blog and I feel so much better now!

Christopher Robin be damned!

No comments: