Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I'm not sure I could ever top that video or the writings of Jim Butcher, so its down hill from here on.

I just spent the last 5 days having Faerie and her family stay with me because their power was out. It taught me quite a lot. It taught me that I can survive in chaos, that my kids can as well. It taught me that I really love my sister. That I really love her children. That her eldest really needs to land flat on his face to figure out what life is about. That the next eldest girl friend is a big sweetheart. The one after that really CAN follow the rules and that her little girl really is in her own world, and its pretty there. Yeah, it had its trying moments, but all in all, more bearable than I thought possible. Glad to have my house back, but it was a good experience.

In other news, next Tuesday, we fill out the paperwork for the level one waiver. I know, those of you who aren't American and don't have a "special needs" child are now saying "What? do i say hooray?". Yes....cheer, toast and get excited. This waiver gives us a renewable 5k per year, PER KID for respite (thats baby sitting in fancy terms). A big part of it will be used in Summer camp next year, but some will also just be used to get us out of the house. Its renewable for 3 years and then I think you either go back on the list or get to redo the paperwork again. regardless, 3 years seems like heaven now. So that is exciting news.

Huggie Face (the second eldest) is coming on vacation with us the first week of November. He's never been to a resort...so I'm betting he will have a good time. Whats nice is Cuddle Bug (his girl friend) is going to Canada that same week so one won't be stuck home sobbing away for the other. I'm hoping it'll be a good trip overall. I need to take a few days at the end of next week and get all packed up. joy joy ;)

We are back in swimming lessons on Saturday. Going well there so far. Licker was a bit tired last week, but we are trying to nip that 5am wake up in the bud so lets hope hes better next week. Still, they love swimming so much. Will be nice to have indoor pool access on vacation. I ever remembered to request a room on the first floor so Licker wouldn't have to deal with stairs or an elevator. :) Yea me!

So thats basically it for now. Not as exciting as last blog, I know, but I was trying to look at the learning from the pain instead of complaining about the aches.

2 comments:

The Maven said...

Hey! I have a cousin in Canada. Do you think Huggie Bear's girlfriend knows him? Do you think she can say hi for me when she's up there? There's, like, what? 30,000 people in Canada or something? It's all ice and stuff.

As for the waiver, congrats!! Why don't you come visit and pay me to watch the boys while also making you coffee? That would work out best for all involved! lol

(No, really, congrats! I'm so happy for you guys)

Mrs. Random said...

Are you making plans on where you want to go first as a celebration when the respite care kicks in?